louievote.jpg

Illustrated by Paloma Chapa

Lobo Louie wants YOU to vote!

For many students at the University of New Mexico, this year’s presidential election will be the first they can vote in.

To combat the stress of first-time voting, the Daily Lobo has prepared a guide.

When can I vote?

Early voting began Oct. 8. Twenty-one early voting convenience centers offer expanded voting that began on Saturday, Oct. 19 and will be open until Nov. 2. These voting locations are located on the Bernalillo County County Clerk website.

You can vote on Election Day on Nov. 5 at select voting locations. The SUB will serve as a voting location on Election Day.

You can also find Election Day voting locations using the tool on the Bernalillo County County Clerk website.

Where can I vote?

The Student Union Building will serve as a voting location for early voting and for voting on  Election Day. You can cast your ballot in Louie’s Lounge, Room 1076, at the north end of the SUB on Plaza Level One, according to UNM Newsroom.

Off campus, there are several voting locations near the University. Early voting locations near the University include Clerk’s Annex, South Valley Multi-Purpose Senior Center, and the West Bluff Center.

How do I vote?

In order to vote, you must be registered to vote in New Mexico.

Voters must be a resident of New Mexico, a citizen of the United States and 18 years or older at the time of the next election, according to the New Mexico Secretary of State website.

The deadlines to register online or by mail have passed, but you can always register in person at early voting and Election Day voting locations, according to Democracy Works.

Nate Bernard is the news editor for the Daily Lobo. He can be reached at news@dailylobo.com or on X @natebernard14