SRC.jpg

A bulletin board outside of the Student Residence Center, where a woman was arrested last month, on Sunday, Sept. 8.

Woman with felony warrant arrested near SRC

Suspect in possession of meth

On the early morning of Aug. 23, University of New Mexico police arrested a woman at the Student Residence Center for trespassing and possession of meth.

The suspect had a felony warrant, according to the police report of the incident.

About two days before the suspect’s arrest, a UNM Police Department officer was dispatched to the SRC laundry room after a resident reported that her clothes were missing from the dryer, according to the police report. After viewing surveillance footage, the officer determined that a woman had entered the building and taken the clothes.

UNMPD was not initially able to locate the suspect.

At about 10 p.m. on Aug. 22, during a directed video surveillance check, the officer saw a suspect attempting to break into the SRC laundry room. He determined that the suspect was the same person from the previous incident. He went to the laundry room and detained her.

Officers used the suspect’s social security number to determine that she had a felony warrant, according to the police report.

The officer collected the suspect’s belongings, which included “a white powder substance,” a bag of suspected marijuana and a small glass pipe “normally used in the consumption of narcotics,” according to the report. The suspect told the officer that the substance was meth.

The suspect had six warrants: three for criminal trespass, two for battery and one for “criminal damage to property,” according to the Metropolitan Detention Center. In March, she was charged with identity theft and attempting to commit a felony. The case had been dropped four days before the first report at the SRC due to an inability to locate the suspect, according to NM Courts.

Lauren Lifke is the managing editor for the Daily Lobo. She can be reached at managingeditor@dailylobo.com or on X @lauren_lifke

Lauren Lifke

Lauren Lifke is the managing editor for the Daily Lobo. She can be reached at managingeditor@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @lauren_lifke