LETTER: Darnell could make U.S. ‘perfect’ place

Scott Darnell is a visionary.

His eloquent description of the issues plaguing America today is only weakened by his reluctance to take his philosophy to its end. Followers of Darnell’s philosophy should first adopt a uniform dress so that they may be easily identified. I suggest brown shirts and black boots, but anything in a paramilitary style would do.

In regard to the welfare state, his ideas are simply the beginning and need to be extended into more practical programs. The elimination of government aid to the poor would open up a much larger supply of money for corporate welfare, prison building and military and pharmaceutical research.

An end to the un-American protection of the underachieving lower classes would likely result in a rise in violence and crime, but ghettos, jails and exile are possible solutions to such problems. Eugenics is a good alternative, but has received a bit of bad press and should probably be avoided.

The anti-war, anti-American dissidents should not only be tear gassed frequently, but also sent to Iraq. Maybe they would like it there. The issue of free speech is touchy, but with the appropriate amount of fear and coercion, should be able to be overlooked. Freedom of speech cannot be abandoned completely, however, because it is a crucial argument in the defense of our influential campaign contributions.

As far as affirmative action, the issue is so often blurred with these ridiculous concepts of racism and inequality it is difficult to get to the root of the problem. All Americans have the same rights and no one under any condition should infringe upon the rights of whites. America is a good white nation and the minorities really need to just accept it.

Darnell is a leader of this movement in moving America forward to the destiny that lies ahead for this great nation. Remember, a uniform, a police state, end freedom of speech, oppress the poor and minorities, boost the military power and someday we may fulfill our potential as a world leader.

Eric Whitbeck

UNM student