ASUNM: Pedro Arturo Ramos

Sophomore Pedro Arturo Ramos said he would make a good ASUNM senator because he is honest, open-minded and determined.

"I am a man of my word," Ramos said. "Anyone who knows me knows that when I say I'll do something, it gets done."

Ramos, a mechanical engineering major, is running with the Horizon slate. He said he would like communication between the Associated Students of UNM and the student body to increase and he would make that his number-one priority.

"I think that above all things the communication factor is the most important," Ramos said. "I think it is important for students to know how much we do throughout the year, not just when elections come around."

He added that his personality and his involvement on campus would help him reach the students.

"I think I can reach a great deal of people because I don't box myself into one category," Ramos said. "My involvement with many student organizations also helps me reach a great deal of people."

Ramos said he believes students are concerned about parking and campus safety and that he would like to be involved in informing students about the issues.

"Everyone has problems with parking on campus," he said. "I realize ASUNM can't set policy but we can hold forums to keep students informed. Campus safety is also a big issue. A lot of students don't feel safe walking around on campus."

Ramos said his most significant accomplishments as a student are being a Presidential Scholarship recipient and a NASA Training Project scholar. He also said he was proud to have been chosen for the Ford Motor Internship this summer.

Ramos correctly named Andrea Cook, Larry Willard and Jack Fortner as regents; HESO, the National Society of Black Engineers and the Hispanic Honor Society as student groups; Brian Foster as provost and Chris Garcia as president.