ASUNM: Amy Corcoran

Sophomore Amy Corcoran, an ASUNM senatorial candidate, said she wants to connect student government with individuals and other groups on campus, whether they are affiliated with an organization or not.

"The social aspect is really important to me," Corcoran said. "Being an R.A. at DeVargas Hall has allowed me to get in touch with new students - people who feel lost or left out - and let them know what's going on."

Tuition increases and the inconvenient parking situation on campus are among UNM students' top concerns, Corcoran said.

"Those are issues that need to be addressed right now," she said. "Parking is one of my biggest struggles around here."

Corcoran said enthusiasm and a love for being involved are the personality traits that will make her a good senator. She added that any kind of group work, including projects and studying, suit her style and methods for getting things accomplished.

"I'm interested in working toward what students want," she said.

Corcoran, who is running on the Vision slate, said one of her major campaign goals is to install lights at Johnson Field. Another, she said, is to revamp the teacher evaluation process at the University.

"I would like to see something for new students, and continuing students too, where they could look at a list of teachers and see a student rating next to each name," Corcoran said.

A business major "so far," Corcoran said she wants to make the student experience at UNM the best it can be for everyone.

She correctly identified John "Mel" Eaves, Andrea Cook and James Koch as regents; ASUNM, AFRICA and the Ultimate Frisbee Team as student organizations; Brian Foster as provost and Chris Garcia as president.