Arts in Brief

The Albuquerque Folk Festival will be held at the fairgrounds Saturday, June 15. The gates open at 10:30 a.m. and the activities continue until 11 p.m. The main stage performances include everything from Homemade Jam, which is a Celtic and New England style instrumental group, to Rusty Strings and the Flat Tones, which is a 21st century jug band music. At 6 p.m. there will be a community jam. Workshops will be held throughout the day. For a calendar of events, go to www.abqfolkfest.org. Tickets are $5 in advance, and $7 at the gate.

......

The Tricklock Theater will be home to D.U.M., Dramatic Universal Movement, for two more weekends. D.U.M. is sketch comedy featuring Jason Witter, Ryan Denmark and Phillip Hughes. The shows on Friday and Saturday begin at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 6 p.m. Tickets are $10 for the general public, and $8 for students and seniors. For reservations and information on other upcoming performances at the Tricklock Theater call 254-8393.

......

The Tamarind Institute is commencing its Connections project for the entire month of June. Six artists were brought in from the former Yugoslavia to explore their differences through discussion and projects. The project is attempting to bring together artists from diverse ethnic groups and political backgrounds to support meaningful dialogue that encourages understanding and collaboration. The Tamarind Institute is located at 108 Cornell Drive across from the University. For more information call 277-3920.