The Weekly Free

If you’re low on cash but want to do something for your significant other on Valentine’s Day, then you’ve come to the right newspaper. Who said thriftiness isn’t a turn on? Impress your date with this week’s freebies.

DARWIN DAY
TUESDAY
Perhaps you’re a believer in natural selection and haven’t yet met a compatible mate. If so, check out Charles Darwin’s birthday celebration in the SUB ballrooms at 7 p.m. You could find what you’re looking for, and if not, at least you’ll get to hear from some scientists on the topic.

JUMBO SHRIMP
WEDNESDAY
Panda Express may not be the classiest joint in town, but bring the food home and light some candles, and it suddenly becomes a classy, stay-at-home dinner for two. Print out a coupon at PandaExpress.com for free tangy jumbo shrimp. The nearest location is at 2820 Central Ave. S.E., which is open from 10:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.

LOCH NESS
WEDNESDAY
The Loch Ness monster screams romance, right? If you’re interested in learning more about the monster and its social construction in our society, head to the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science at 7 p.m. The museum is at 1801 Mountain Road N.W.

LIBERTY FORUM
THURSDAY
Ron Paul is pretty cool for an old politician, and if you have some like-minded ideas, head to the Frontier for a political chat with local libertarians. The meeting starts at 6 p.m., and you can contact Mike Blessing at lpbcnm@gmail.com for more information.

DIRTY ZINE READING
THURSDAY
Screw candlelight and hugs — head to Winning Coffee Co. for a more radical version of this Hallmark holiday. Local zinesters will read “dirty” excerpts from their writing at the event “My Dirty ValenZine Reading.” The event runs from 7 to 9:30 p.m.

LEGO
SATURDAY
Legos never go out of style, so if you want to revisit your childhood, check out this group at the Loma Colorado Main Library in the auditorium. People will be playing with Legos at 3 p.m., and the library is at 755 Loma Colorado Drive N.E. in Rio Rancho.